The National Civic League has been helping communities improve local governance for 125 years! Since January 25, 1894, we have advanced civic engagement to create equitable, thriving communities by helping to develop the council-manager form of government, professional city services and the concept of civic capital as a measure of local problem-solving capacity. To celebrate our 125th Anniversary, we are conducting a membership drive to find 125 new members. Individuals, nonprofits, and local governments are all invited to become members. Help us reach our goal!
Benefits of membership include:
- Subscription to our quarterly journal the National Civic Review
- Free copies of League publications
- Access to All-America City Promising Practice Database- an online, searchable database of civic engagement projects.
- Discounted registration to the All-America City Awards & Conference
In addition to these benefits, your membership supports:
- The All-America City Award - This inspiring and transformative event for hundreds of people from communities across the country focused on celebrating and honoring the incredible work taking place in American communities. More than 500 people attended AAC in 2018.
- The Civic Index- 4th Edition - This free resource help communities to measure their civic capital – the formal and informal relationships, networks and capacities that enable communities to solve problems and thrive.
- Promising Practices Webinar Series - This free monthly webinar series highlights successful projects around the country with speakers from cities implementing creative strategies for civic engagement.