The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Award for Health Equity presented by the National Civic League (RWJF-National Civic League Award) recognizes and honors individuals who have successfully implemented a systems change approach within the past two years to improve health outcomes for those most impacted by health disparities. It often takes a community or multiple groups to bring about systemic change. This award celebrates up to two individuals who are leading the charge in helping to create a culture of health in their communities.
In addition to national recognition at the National Civic League's annual All-America City Award and an invitation to participate in Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Health Equity Award annual learning and recognition event, winners receive a $3,000.00 prize.
The RWJF-National Civic League Award seeks to recognize individuals or teams of individuals (no more than two individuals) who have successfully implemented a systems change approach to reduce health disparities within the past two years related to one or more of the following areas: access to quality care, education, employment, income, community environment, housing, and public safety. (Click here for the complete rules and details, including additional eligibility requirements)
Applications should demonstrate alignment with the following criteria:
- Nominee's work shows alignment with Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's vision for building a Culture of Health and achieving health equity
- Nominee's work demonstrated success in changing systems that impact health outcomes in one or more of the following areas: access to quality care, education, employment, income, community environment, housing, and public safety
- Nominee's work provided a solution to improve outcomes for groups most affected by health disparities
- Nominee successfully implemented a systems change approach to reduce health disparities within the past two years
- Nominee engaged members of the community as part of developing or implementing their work.
- To be considered for the 2017 RWJF-National Civic League Award applicants - or those nominating others - must complete the form on the following pages and submit it via email to: email@example.com by no later than 11:59pm PST April 1, 2018
- The winner(s) will be contacted by the National Civic League on or before May 15, 2018.