Entry rules and guidelines:
1. The Visual Civics contest is only open to nonprofit organizations, U.S. cities, U.S. counties, journalists, media outlets, government staff and elected officials. We encourage individuals / residents who are interested in submitting photographs to find an eligible partner in their community – it’s civic engagement, after all!
2. The submitting entity must be the copyright holder(s) or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to submit the pictures.
3. Each entity may submit up to 10 photographs.
4. Pictures can be submitted whether or not they have been published.
5. Pictures must not show the name of the photographer, agency, or publication, or any other information (these details can be included in the text of the post but must not be visible on the picture itself).
6. Only entries posted on facebook, twitter, and/or instagram will be considered. (You do not need to post on all 3 – but, you must post on at least 1.)
7. Posts must include the hashtag #VisualCivics to be entered
8. Posts must tag the National Civic League:
9. The closing date for submitting entries to the 2018 Contest is May 15, 2018, 12.00 (midnight) ET.
10. Copyright holders retain copyright of their work. For entered pictures, copyright holders grant the National Civic League unlimited non-exclusive use of pictures for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the public archive, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of the National Civic League, without any remuneration or recognition being due.
11. The copyright holders represent and warrant that submission of the pictures does not breach any law, and further that no third party can hold any claims or any objections regarding the rights granted to the National Civic League. The copyright holders will hold the National Civic League harmless of any claims from third parties related hereto.
12. The conditions set out in the Entry Rules are binding, and the National Civic League reserves the right to refuse or exclude any entry at its own discretion.