The National Civic League is looking to hire a temporary intern to assist with the All-America City Awards virtual event. The intern will be under the supervision of the All-America City Award Program Director. Some of responsibilities include:
- Help design and produce the 2021 All-America City Awards and Conference;
- Propose ideas to improve virtual offerings and event promotion;
- Assist in the management of all event details such as registration, marketing, technology, communications, etc;
- Write and summarize content for use before, during, and after the event;
- Manage social media posts and responses; and
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the days of the event.
This position would start in February/March 2021. The position pays minimum wage, $14.77. The position is part-time, temporary, non-exempt, at-will, with no employee benefits.
The successful candidate in this position will: be willing to submit to and able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Skills and Qualifications:
At least two years of a four-year degree program completed, preferably in a field related to communications/marketing, event planning, public policy or political science. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with good copy-editing skills. Social media and virtual event experience are a plus.
Please send a résumé with cover letter to Rebecca Trout at RebeccaT@ncl.org. Deadline for applications is Friday, February 19, 2021. Please contact us with any questions.
NCL is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law. NCL complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and the American with Disabilities Act. NCL does not discriminate because of citizenship status against U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals or aliens with valid work authorization.