Solar energy experienced a record-setting year in 2016, for the first time ever, solar energy was the leading source of new electric generating capacity, beating out wind and natural gas. One of our partners in the SolSmart effort – the National League of Cities is launching the 2017 SolSmart City Challenge, a new national competition for cities to showcase their support for solar energy. The SolSmart City Challenge will run from Monday, April 3, until Friday, June 30 and two winners will receive: Travel reimbursement to attend the 2017 NLC City Summit, a chance to present during the City Summit, recognition in NLC communication platforms, and free membership from the National Civic League as well. Click here for more information.
Earn national recognition and prizes by showcasing support for solar energy.
- Register for the 2017 All-America City Awards
- Americans’ Worries About Race Relations at Record High
- Register for April Promising Practices Webinar Series: Community Policing
- Earn national recognition and prizes by showcasing support for solar energy.
- Get free support and expert advice around your local engagement efforts.